+++countdown+++

LilySlim Weight charts

Thursday 24 June 2010

the scientist

I was 116 this morning! 1.6lb loss in 2 days isn't too bad. My body feels lighter. When I walk through rooms I almost feel like I'm floating again and it kind of feels magical. That may just be the new dizziness though. I had a skinny latte for breakfast, a 100 cal biscuit for mid-morning, <400 cal pasta for lunch that totally hasn't err digested properly and in the language of the people of the nation of mia that's a negative cal intake, and a 130 cal bag of crisps for mid-afternoon. Less than 700 so far. Some blogs on here recommended reading Diary of an Anorexic Girl by Morgan Menzie. I started it some time ago and never really got into, thinking it unrealistic, inaccurate for most experiences of anorectics and pretty poorly written. The latter may have been because I was reading Dostoyevsky in parallel. Anyway, this week the book came back to me whilst I noticed that a woman where I work has dropped to a BMI of what appears to be 17ish. Maybe lower. She's blaming it on an undiagnosed and probably made-up medical problem. I know that all she lives off is coffee and cigarettes. She's sort of become a point of inspiration for me in my world of girls the same weight or bigger than me. I wouldn't recommend the book to anyone (I found Wasted by Marya Hornbacher to be a much better example of that exhibitionist genre of literature), but finding a real-life point of inspiration certainly seems to be working for me.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! Real-life inspiration is always better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend is tiny. I mean TINY. There is literally no fat on her, you can see every knock in her spine when she bends over and her collarbones are all pretty and whatnot. She is my real-life inspiration, and also probably another reason why I'm like this.
    Nonetheless, it works a charm, so I know what you mean. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really liked Diary of an Anorexic Girl. Wasted is fabulous, though. And really triggering... though I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Guess that depends on what you're after. I started Appetites and liked parts of it, but so much of it is a lot of feminist rants and I got bored and never finished it.

    ReplyDelete